Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Canada

Today, Dean, Maddie, Nate, Ang and me headed to Prince Island Park with 100,000 other people to enjoy the sun, the bands, the day, and celebrate Canada Day.

Maddie checking out the map, to see where to go next.....

heading back to our picnic spot after....

getting our faces painted.........

Nate "Let the sun shine in..... let the sunshine in......"
someone showed up with free hugs, and Maddie ran so fast to get a hug, she almost knocked the guy over!

I asked for a quest, and Maddie said I had to take pictures of 10 people taking pictures... so this was my quest, the pictures of people I know don't count as the 10, but there are 10 strangers, in this collage.

after all the bands were done in Prince island about 7pm, we headed over to olympic Plaza for the rest of the fun, we saw these cool canoers, and thot we'd help them out with a quick paddle

Mayor Nenshi showed up at the park to wish us a Happy Canada Day

while a Latin band was on I texted Carolyn to tell her I was thinkin of my zumba partner.... and she texted back, they were on thier way to Olympic plaza!! So I told her we had a spot for her to sit, come join us, and we actually found each other!!

Carolyn, me and Ang

cutey...

when it got dark, the American embassy displayed a giant Canadian flag, very kewl!

you know it's a special occasion when they light the torch on the tower

and then the fireworks.... which were Fabulous and amazing!!

Happy Canada Day!!

After the fireworks, we drove to Medicine hat, we arrived at 2:52 am......

No comments: