Thursday, May 7, 2009

My head is still spinning??


I'm not quite sure how to explain a story that doesn't make sense... but I'll give it my best shot, and if your head spins also maybe I'm not crazy after all for wanting to bite some one's head off today.


Maddie gets a call from the bank telling her that her Bond is in. That was the first odd part. What bond? Did someone buy a bond for Maddie?


We hop in the car to find out. Upon arriving at the bank there was some confusion. They asked if we bought the bond? ( I'm thinkin you called us?) Then they said maybe it wasn't ours, they just called the first Madison Clifford that came up ( I didn't realize banking was a first come first served operation, better start naming our kids Nafrotiti, or some other unique name if that's the case) Anyway we sat there for quite some time time while they tried to figure it out. They asked if, dad, uncle brother ect would have bought the bond? I told them that we used to buy them yearly but not in the last couple of years. Then she tells me not to worry she will put the money back into the account. ( Are you confused right now) What money I ask. Well she took the money out of the account to pay for the bond because she had proof of purchase in her hand ( that being the said bond. ) So, I ask her again, you took the money out of the account without a signature?? Her response was that she called me today. Yes, I said, you called and left a message and I called back and left you a message to call me back? So then you just took the money out of the account? She starts apologizing now? I still don't understand I said, "a bond has to be paid for before it's sent out, so where ever this bond came from it has been paid for already? She also informs us she took the amount PLUS the interest out of the account, well, because it gained interest?? ( Wait a minute?? I thought she said this was a new purchase?? And there is 100.00 interest on it already?? Am I being punked here?? ) Now I'm getting really mad, because I realise I am dealing with an idiot!! So I ask what is the purchase date on the bond?? She checks and blankly looks up and says.... ( ready ) 1998!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!! So I tell her... this Bond was paid for in 1998, and it was never sent out by the bank to give to Maddie, so it's hers, and has been missing for 10 years, and they want us to pay for it AGAIN, and pay the interest as well!!! Nice scam!! I was trying my hardest not to jump over the counter and strangle this (numnuts ) woman!

In the end she put the money back into Maddie's account exactly the way it was, and kept the bond to ask her superior tomorrow. She admitted to never having seen a Canadian savings bond before?? I said well nobody in the bank knew that you order, sign and pay it for it, then the paperwork is sent out and weeks later your bond arrives?? You don't walk into a bank, say hey I want a bond, and pay for it later?? grrrrr ( fool ) Should be interesting to see how they answer tomorrow with this debacle of an excuse for a bank!!!

1 comment:

Megan C said...

I actually would have strangled her! I HATE banks! We are always fighting with ours because they move our money around all the time without our approval! Stupid banks!!!