Friday, January 29, 2010

My little hairdresser

I have been going to the same hairdresser in Calgary since I moved here in 96'. My hair takes al lot of dye, 3 hours of time, and costs a whack of money to have done. I have accepted this thru the years, and paid to have my wonderful mixed up colors done. But... last time I went I was shocked by the increse in price?? yes my hair got longer since the last appt. But not that much longer??? so I pondered... and pondered and as my hair grew out and I started looking homeless, one step away from people giving me money on the street, I had an epiphany. In my house I have a wonderfully talented teenager, who is fun and creative and ...ahem... wants to become a HAIRDRESSER!!! how did I miss this idea for so long..... so.. I bought 3 hair dyes, and some tinfoil, and asked Maddie if she was up to the challenge. She glady leaped at the idea, was a little nervous when the time actually came to put color to hair, but she tried. And the result!!! Wonderful!!!!! She did an awesome job capturing my rainbow mix!!! Well, I'm sorry to let go of my hairdresser after 14 loyal years, but now I have to help my daughters creativity grow!

No comments: