Friday, April 30, 2010

Gruesome Fantasica!



Here we are, Cold Ethyl, and Living Dead Girl.... we posed for a few people at the concert, we may show up on a couple of face book pages lol
The concert started at about 8pm, Alice Cooper was on first, he started out with School's Out, Everybody sang, and it just got better... I saw Alice a few years back, and he had scrapped his stage show, I was a little disappointed, but the music was great so I forgave him.... but when we arrived at the concert the curtain covering the stage said Stage of Death ( if that's wrong I'll correct it ) anyway I said to Maddie... oooo I hope that means his stage show is back?? OMG!!! It was back in full swing just like in the 80's!! That man can rock... I googled his birthday when I got home, he is 62!! Anyway enough about age, the show was gruesomely wicked!! He had costume changes for almost every song, we saw him killed by guillotine, death by hanging, skewered with metal spikes, and injected with a massive prop syringe, Nurse Rosetta was there, and did a strip tease behind a screen, which we then witnessed Alice go behind the screen and strangle her with her own stockings. He was put in a straight jacket and sang a song like that, strapped in sitting by the edge of the stage. When he sang Cold Ethyl, he said to a dead girl, slung over his lap. It was so good to see the Old Alice back in full swing! For the song Only Women Bleed, the audience swayed and held up their lighters, I only had a cell phone light, but I held it high and proud. I think this is the list... close anyway, he played for 75 minutes, and we enjoyed every minute!
Department of Youth
I'm Eighteen
Wicked Young Man
Ballad of Dwight Fry
Go to Hell
Guilty
Cold Ethyl
Poison
From the Inside
Nurse Rozetta
Be My Lover
Only Women Bleed
I Never Cry
Solos
Vengeance is Mine
Dirty Diamonds
Billion Dollars Babies
Killer
I Love the Dead
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels

Onto Mr Rob Zombie.... WOW! he came onto stage a hundred miles an hour, with small, medium and large TV screens all blaring images from horror movies past, psychedelic images, fire and heart blips, you name it, it went across one of those screens. Zombie had 3 little stages he would stand on, dance on, jump from and leap to, at one point he grabbed a light and walked into the audience shining the light on the crowd, he walked up one stairwell and we were so hoping he would come up ours, me and Maddie were right in the front of it, but he didn't :-( He was energy in a ragged biker outfit that looked so awesomely zombiesh, that I was sure if he waved his hand, sparks would fly from his fingers! His part of the concert was jam packed with visual videos, lights and huge sound! When Zombie sang Living dead Girl, me and Maddie felt like he was singing it just for us, being dead and all...lol Werewolf women of the SS was hilarious, and had everyone howling like a wolf.. and when his encore came on with a Herman Munster video driving a speedster and the beginning of Dragula started the crowd went NUTS! It was an awesome, awesome night!!

Rob Zombie Set List:
Call of the Zombie
What Lurks on Channel X?
Superbeast
Demonoid Phenomenon
Living Dead Girl
Let it all Bleed Out
Mars Needs Women
More Human Than Human
House of 1,000 Corpses
Drum Solo
Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)
Werewolf Women of the SS
Scum of the Earth
What?
American Witch
Thunder Kiss '65
Encores:
The Lords of Salem
Dragula

1 comment:

jeanne girl said...

You two crack me up!!