Saturday, June 25, 2011

Farewell Columbo




Not many things get me up early on a Sunday, but for years on Saturday night I would set the bread maker to make bread for 7:45 on Sunday morning. I would get up, grab a knife, a breadboard, some butter and the warm bread, go downstairs, curl up in a blanket, eat my way thru the bread, as I watched Columbo spoil someones plans for the perfect murder!


I loved watching the murder unfold and the killers attempt to cover their tracks. Then Columbo would saunter in, coat disheveled, hair scruffy, looking for coffee, scratching his head, and he would. one by one debunk every clue the killer tried to cover. You can't fool Columbo? silly murderer.


I always have a smile on my face when I talk about Columbo. Many fond memories surround his shows, and I was saddened yesterday when I found out that Peter Falk passed away :-( I came home and watched Columbo in his honor and once again he made me smile :-) (just one more thing...... ) Farewell my favorite detective, your memory will live on and on :-)

No comments: