Thursday, June 30, 2011

So, Honey, How Was Your Day?

I kind of had an interesting day today. It was like I was hanging out at the intersection of three TV shows all at once. It was kind of like a dream where you meet famous people and you have a normal conversation with them. Well, at about 11 this morning, it happened to me for real.

I was fighting the Storage War (show #1) at Calgary Coin (Pawn Stars - show #2) when a certain Canadian Picker (show #3) walked in the door. Was this really happening? It was none other than Scott Cozens!
Scott is on the left. After getting over my initial shock, I tried something crazy and talked to him. It worked. Nice guy.

Ever since we started watching American Pickers, I have been eyeing the Coke button proudly displayed in our yellow room. What was our french version worth? Scott said indeed the french was rarer but it is not worth more because people want the english one usually. He said a coke button is worth about $250.00 and they are not as rare as some people think. I told him how much I enjoyed the show and asked him where he was going next - he said Edmonton in July and then near Calgary after that. I asked him if he had ever met or spoken with the American Pickers.
He said no he hadn't. I suggested how cool it would be if they would meet and have a "Pick-Off"-a competition between Canadian Pickers and American Pickers. He seemed to like that idea and said that would be a cool thing to do in Seattle. If you see an episode featuring this, you heard it here first! He also said the show had been bought by broadcasters in the UK and it is going to be called "Cash Cowboys". Haha- I like that name. No, I didn't get a picture with him. I didn't want to bother him. I got to have a real conversation with him and that was good enough for me!

So, yeah, kind of an interesting day. I will tell you what I was doing at Calgary Coin in a later post. So, how was your day?

2 comments:

Dean and Selena said...

"Jealous! That's all I have to say"
Selena

Dean and Selena said...

Hey, remember that time I met a Canadian Picker? Me ha ha.
Dean.