Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today The iPhone Was Better Than Me.

I can barely recall the days BB (Before Blackberry). It was an exciting day in 2006 when I received my first email right in the palm of my hand. At that moment, Everything Changed. At the time, I was working all by myself struggling to run a business and in that moment I became 100x more productive. The Blackberry gave me the gift of time. I was able to instantly respond to customer requests at anytime. It completely transformed the way I lived my life. Why am I reminiscing about the past? Was your Blackberry friend in a bad mood today? Yes?

For the first time in Blackberry history, the entire Blackberry network went down worldwide. It has never been down for this long and all at the same time. Usually, Blackberry problems are solved in a few hours with only minor inconvenience. Well, today was different. No bbm. No texting. No email. My Blackberry morphed from smartphone into a simple dumbphone. Weird. Blackberry's legendary reputation for reliability wiped away in a few hours.

We were sitting on the couch the other day and Maddie remarked that she couldn't text. I picked up my bb and confirmed her observation. Well, iSnob, ah hem, I mean Selena said "My iPhone can text." So we called her on it. She sent a text and it didn't work either. Ha! Her iPhone wasn't better than us!

Well today it was. A sad day for RIM and a sad day for the world.

This post was supposed to have a picture of the Blackberry That Changed My Life (tm) but I have to wait until Selena gets home so I can use her iPhone to upload it. Haha. What a day.
Ahem..... Iphone to the rescue :-)

UPDATE: Thanks to iPhone for helping with this post. I'll be back to normal soon.
Sincerely, Blackberry 9900 Touch Bold.

No comments: