Sunday, January 6, 2008

How Many Days did it take Dean to Install Selena's Computer in '05? The Answer to the Poll Question!

I have worked with computers since my brother threw his Radio Shack colour computer aside when he got sick of it. From that day in 1980 or so, I was hooked.

Fast forward to 2005, when a beautiful woman named Selena asked me to take a look at her home computer. My life would never be the same again.

We figured out that she would need a new machine rather deal with trying to video capture on her aging Windows 98 machine. I delivered the new machine and just like that she was up and running just like the hundreds of other installs I had done in the past.

Yeah, right.

In my computer career, I have installed many new machines, transferred a lot of data and dealt with every problem you can think of. That is, until Selena came along.

I have never before or since had to re-install Windows XP that many times. Well, a whopping 40 DAYS LATER, I finally got it to work. Wow! And the rest, as they say, is history.

No comments: