Wednesday, January 2, 2008

There's No Crying In Baseball (and other truths)

We had a lot of fun this Christmas. We played many, many games like Pass The Ace, Friends Scene it, Harry Potter Scene It, Scene it Jr, and classic Simpson's Clue. They were all great. But I caught Selena doing something during Monopoly - Credit Card Edition. This is the one where there is no cash - you get cards and a Credit/Debit machine that does everything for you. Makes for much faster game play and it's still much fun. EXCEPT Selena was reverse cheating!

Let me explain.

I thought at first she was playing some extra cautious game strategy and saving up her money to make some super 25 property "land for cash" deal that would sweep her to a stunning victory while giving me a false sense of hope. My brother Glenn was excellent at this ploy when we would play as kids. His "But you would own BOTH UTILITIES" sold me every time (and probably still would today). Ahhh, but that's the fun of this game! BUT, my fiance was doing no such thing. She had tons of money and was the owner of Boardwalk AND Park Place. She WAS NOT putting on any houses or hotels on her properties. She was passing go tons of times, getting Chance cards telling her to pass Go amd bypassing all my properties. The game was in her hands! But I had to point out that she did indeed have enough money to easily Hotel Boardwalk and Park Place. She finally relented and bought them and about 2 turns later the game was over! I had caught her reverse cheating!

I have learned many things this Christmas:

1) Toffifee and Toffifay are the same candy.
2) There are people in the world that like ketchup chips.
3) As of today, I am not even close to a Guitar Hero!

and lastly,

4) Some people still don't know that in Monopoly all bets are off. It doesn't matter who is playing, your mom, your kids, your sweet old Grandmother or yes, Selena, your husband to be, if there is a chance to BANKRUPT these people in Monopoly, you TAKE IT!

No comments: