Sunday, June 1, 2008

King Kong's Demise

I just found out that one of my favorite rides in Universal Studios has been destroyed by a huge fire this morning! The ride was an awesome stage show. You start off on a nice leisurely tram ride thru the "set" and then an important news cast comes on saying that there is something wreaking havoc on the city! A helicopter falls thru the roof, our tram gets shaken up and King Kong's face appears at the side at the car! The fire also swept thru the Brownstone street facade and the courthouse from Back to the Future. :-( I wonder what they will do now with those areas? Rebuild or use this to do a new feature? The King Kong stage has been there since I was there in 1977, but it is ( was ) a great one. This video was taken when Maddie and I were in L.A. last Easter. Oh, no. It wasn't the airplanes. It was Fire killed the Beast.

No comments: