Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Larry the Couch....

Picture this.... Maddie and her friend Addy go to the corner store. They call later, " mom what would you do if we brought home a dog?" I say.. " I wouldn't be very happy" then Maddie asks, " what if I brought home a scooter"? now I'm confused and cautiously answer.. " nothing" next question " what about a couch " well by now I'm playing along... " I would sit on it" final question "what about flowers"? "I'd be be very happy" I answer quickly....


After the longest walk to the corner ever, the girls come running in, laughing and panting.... "come see, come see, you have to see your most awesome gift" so I go to the door thinking there are flowers sprinkled on the front lawn.. or something to that effect.....


Screeching to a halt I look out onto my lawn.... to see..... A COUCH!!!, YES, I said a couch!!! A full size, broken back, flower print COUCH! They were laughing so hard they couldn't even talk. Then finally I learn that they "rolled" it up the hill about the equivalent of 10 blocks. If anyone is familiar with where we live, they rolled it from the Evanston Sign!!


So there is a couch, named Larry sitting on my front lawn right now... Larry can't stay. But how do I break it to my giggling teenager!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absoultely friggin halirous Maddie !!! The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Dean and Selena said...

The apple or the nut???lol

Anonymous said...

Love the couch story, Maddie -- actually it looks quite cozy, there -- probably nice for sun-tanning, too !!

Anonymous said...

LARRYYY! :(

dont thro awayy my poor larry.

Anonymous said...

Awwww come on mom, you have to admit, Larry looks more lively than the tree!!! :O)

Agent B said...

OMG, so I just drove by and saw the famous Larry still perched happily on the front lawn. There was an older couple walking by who looked then took a double take then started laughing! It was priceless! Thanks for making my night! - would have stopped in but we had frozen goods in the back of the car - next time

Dean and Selena said...

Haha I'm sure you're not the only neighbor talkin bout Larry!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maddie, love your couch story, I can just imagine you and your friend rolling that couch down the street, planting it down in the front yard. It must have been a cool site for all your neighbours! I'm still chuckling when I think about it. Where did you find that beauty anyways? I wish I could have been there to see it all happen.
Keep cool!
LOL
Annabell

Anonymous said...

I can't believe maddy and her friend rolled that couch to the house, that's
hilarious.

Tania

Anonymous said...

OMG>..What a goof ball! That's is hilarious!