Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Croppin in the mountains..

Wholly cow I can't believe I forgot to blog this!! I was so busy scrapbooking the event I forgot to post it!!
A couple of weekends ago, me and 3 other girls from the store went to Canmore for a weekend crop. OM Gosh was it ever fun!!!!! Yes we got allot done..... but was it ever FUN!!
We arrived at the Inn first so we got first dibs on our place at the tables, started to set up, and waited for everyone to arrive. We got all our many many many supplies ready for the nights ahead. Between the 4 of us we had an entire store there!

Meals were included in the package, and the food was awesome! There is a restaurant right in the room next to where we were scrappin, so we didn't even have to go far. We were also given wine glasses so we could drink our wine at our scrap table. Perhaps the people around us might have preferred we hadn't done that, we got a little loud in our uncontrollable laughter after awhile. But hey, fun is the name of the game! About midnight we left the table and went up to our room, we were going to head to Lisa and Carolyn's room, but it was too cold, so we went to Jeanne and my room... yikes! That's when we got in trouble, apparently our room was a "little" bigger than theirs?? We had like a honeymoon suite and they had a "room". After awhile we were forgiven for being lucky in the room draw, and we continued to have fun. ( I don't think we were really forgiven...) anyway.... we scrapbooked from 3PM on Friday til 3PM on Sunday.... did I mention how much FUN we had!!!

Jeanne in the tub....

me and Jeanne in the tub

our big room...

romantic view...


the scrappin area
Carolyn found a cool technique in a magazine, mix shaving cream and alcohol ink, place your paper on top, wipe it off and get a marbled effect on your paper, it smelled good too!!

the end result

not to be confused with shaving cream, the girls bought me whip cream so that all my coffee's can be fluffy, this came in handy when we had bailey's and coffee, and whip cream one morning!

Carolyn said she was a messy scrapbooker so she wears an apron, I brought a rolling pin to test out a theory for embossing paper, this pic was too good to pass up!

back in our room, after a day of scrappin, I think the laughing was more exhausting tho' my sides and cheeks hurt from all the giggle fits!!

more laughing......

this is the eatin' area. Fireplace, kewl decor, it was an awesome Inn

We headed into town for some Starbucks, but got detoured by the local coffee shop...

when you are waiting for your order they place a spoon on your table so they know where you are. Carolyn says you have to go often enuff to use all the spoons. The coffee was sooo good here! I think I'll take her up on that idea. When Dean came to pick me up on Sunday, I brought him here too. It's a quaint little coffee house :-)

Jeanne, Lisa and Carolyn in line for their coffee and treats.

Then we went to the grocery store for some snacks, and found these interestingly packaged sunflower seeds??? Canmoreians are weird!

Lisa and Carolyn fighting over who gets the sunflower seeds! hahaha

"it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!" Oh my, did we ever laugh at these magnets!!! We were like teenagers in the store, annoying and loud :-) and giggly, even before the wine!

the view from our room in the morning

last day.... so sad, look at all that stuff!!!

packin up.....

Lisa made an advent calendar out of a muffin tin, very cute, I have to make one!
Well that's that, will we go again.... Definitely! It was a great weekend!

No comments: