Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Antique holds up Modern

I love Maddie's style! We were in the Hat and went into a few Antique stores. One of the stores had a TV sitting outside, Maddie spotted it and was admiring it when a truck pulled up.... a couple got out of the truck, circled the TV, whispered to each other and kept watching us. We kept waatching them in an old silent film fashion. We figured they were here to pilfer the TV for themselves... so ..... I told Maddie to run in and ask the owner what the TV was doing out here, and I would stand gaurd. Maddie ran back outside and said "she told me we could have it" so I ran across to find Ruby, and get the truck backed up so WE could PILFER the TV, ( we had permission tho :-) we loaded the TV into the truck, Maddie jumping up and down in excitment! We texted Dean of our find, but didn't tell him it was free, we were saving that kewl tidbit til later. So when we got home, we plugged it in, just to see. It turns on, just static tho, we kind of expected an old rerun of I Love Lucy to show itself! We googled the TV and could only find out that it was built in the 50's in Montreal, and there aren't alot of them out there. Maddie said I could borrow her TV for Halloween props, but in the meantime, it's her new TV stand for her "new" TV. Great conversation piece!


No comments: