Sunday, May 25, 2008

What to do when you can't go outside?

It has been raining almost continuously for 6 days nows. What is a person to do when The Drudge Report gets boring?




The Rubik's Cube, of course. Maddie bought it for me for Christmas and it has sat on the bookshelf taunting me unsolved for 5 months now.


With the help of Dan Brown on You Tube, I started my quest.


The cube's solution is simple enough but complicated in that you have to memorize certain algorithms depending on where on what step you are are on with the cube. Anyway, I started late last night and just a few minutes ago - bam - I solved the cube!



By actually memorizing the algorithms in Dan's video, the Cube is solvable in a few minutes. Very cool.


Rainy days and Rubik's Cubes are good for something!

No comments: