Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Safe Camera Etiquette

Now I know that the odds of someone stealing your camera when you ask them to take your picture are low, it would be really hard to make a clean get away in a crowd with 2 people chasing you, but this is a risk I would NOT take. Nobody gets to have my nikon in their hands.... well, there are some exceptions. Here are my "safe photo" tips....
1. Ask the professionals. It's hard to run off with someone's camera when you are working! The bartender that served us our drinks here, took this picture.

2. GET collateral. A girl asked us to take her picture, which I happily obliged. Then she said "I'll take your picture too".... so... I kept her camera, and handed her mine. She took the picture and we traded back! Haha, see her camera in my hand in the photo!


These 2 methods have worked well for us, getting the odd picture of both of us together in amongst the hundreds of other photos. Another "safe" method, is to have a second camera. We carry the little camera with us for that reason. Also it's easier to hold the little one up and take our own self portrait!

Hope you enjoyed my tips. Safe picture taking!

No comments: