Monday, December 14, 2009

Fake tree?? no good...

Well we tried, I have always been one to have a real tree. When I was a kid I always wanted one and it took years to convince my mom. I have had a real tree ever since. But we have this problem in our living room... the ceiling is vaulted so of course I want the tree to be that tall. It's hard to find 9 foot trees... we settled last year on 7 feet and it just wasn't right. Then we have the issue of the carpet, it's a weirdly thick pile and things disappear in it only to reappear months later and stab you, in this case the stabbing would be done by pine needles! So I had a thot'... maybe.... we could buy a fake tree and then all problems would be solved. Except one... it's a fake tree!

Maddie saw the tree and said, "it's nice... but it looks fake..." so to get the best of both worlds, ( stab free feet ) we got a second tree, a real tree.. and put it up in the lower room by the kitchen. Maddie was so happy to see (and smell) the tree!! She slept in front of it that night. The next day we went to get her some ornaments, she got to pick them all, and when we got home she happily decorated her tree. So, problem solved, I get my giant tree to the ceiling... and Maddie gets a real tree to sleep under!

Maddie's tree

giant, needless tree...

No comments: