Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Big Day

Maddie is in the Cosmo program at St. Mary's. Every morning she starts her day there, then goes on to her regular highschool for the afternoon. She got the approval the other day from her teacher to do clients, so I signed up! We had to warn the teacher ahead about my hair, the length and the many colors... but she approved with confidence that Maddie could do it. So when I arrived this morning, the teacher said, yep, this would normally be for an advanced student... but we had faith :-)

Maddie soon proved that she could handle my many colors, it did take the whole morning tho' so afterwards there was no point in heading over to the high school, so I kidnapped her for the afternoon......
 

this one one of Maddie's 15/15 marks. She got perfect marks on her updo.... shortly before the teacher told her not to expect 15's in the first year....
us in front of the school, contemplating where to go now..... 
 my many shades gleaming in the sunlight.... 



 first stop China Town for some sticky rice peanut... thingys. So yummy, hard, but fun to eat, definitely yummy tho



then off on the train again ( I was too chicken to drive downtown ) just so happened at our stop where we parked the car... there were deep fried pickles calling out our names... so we had to oblige





. and then with all the fun behind me.... I headed to work to teach my first class.... I had done a few digital classes in the past, but nothing planned or created.... so needless to say I was nervous... having everyone's eyes on me, waiting for my instruction puts sweat on my brow.... but when I got to the class, it was filled with familiar faces... it was a small class so we all got to be at one table... and I actually survived! I only had 1 coke, and my class had fun :-) NOT something I would do on a regular basis, but I did have fun with this one.... and now that it's over, I can sigh a deep breath of relief!




This was our project in "That Box Class" and everyone let me take a picture so I could blog... they are all slightly different, I like how they turned them into thier own with the little touches.


No comments: