Thursday, May 26, 2011

GO west young girls.....

Today the quest was to find a quilt shop.... out of town. My first choice was Cochrane, but I was having communication breakdown with my source, so second choice was Canmore. Only glitch about Canmore was that it was raining.... hard. Not the funnest day to walk around Canmore, and not great for seeing the mountains thru the clouds, so we were debating. But first things first.... I brought Katie to the store so she could make a card for Randy.


Katie found a few scrapbook pages starring herself on the wall!

Holly and I stole some of Gloria's soup, it smelt heavenly, and tasted just as good!

Holly teaching the card class.

When we left the store I still hadn't heard from Carolyn with the address of the quilt shop. I figured we would just drive to Cochrane and find a quilt shop. So off we went. When we arrived I called Carolyn and said "we're here" so she quickly ran down to meet us. We met at Addy's quilts, then walked down the street towards the tea place. We popped into any stores that looked interesting along the way and after a wonderful cup of tea and apple pie, we ended up at a 2nd hand store. I was telling Carolyn that whenever I'm in these stores I always look for Scrabble for extra letter tiles. While I was looking thru the games Katie found a blanket that she had to show me.... it was a blend of Jon Deere and Coke! It was gorgeous and New! So I had to get it, then on the coffee table beside the blanket, was a brand new scrabble game!!! We are on a roll with finding brand new treasure where everything should be used!
We had so much fun in Cochrane that there was no time for Canmore, so we headed home for Vino and Runescape.

No comments: