Friday, December 21, 2007

The Case of the Sound of Splashing.

One night, we were all sitting on the couch watching CSI or something eating some Miss Vickies chips no doubt when I heard the sound of splashing. I turned my head and asked "What's that?" and got up to investigate. I walked down into the kitchen and into the laundry room and found nothing. Having invested two full minutes into the exercise, Miss Vickie's Sea Salt and Vinegar began calling out to me, so I concluded my investigation thinking that it must have been the shower head in the bathroom or something. Well, the next morning we came down to the kitchen to discover the source of the splashing noise. I would never have thought of this. Here are the "crime scene" photos: The move must have shook up the bottle and one of them popped. Wow.

Here is the cork is shown against the wall a full 7 feet away - it must have hit the wall at a great rate of speed:


The cork's path:


Case closed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I OBJECT!!!! this did not happen on december 21st!! liess.liees i say lies~~ this happened may 12 2007~~ LIEEES! LIEEEs!! i say lies.

Dean and Selena said...

I think we are safe because the post begins "One night", it does not say "Today" or "Last Tuesday". Though, yes, I agree readers may assume it happened on that day. We are sorry for the confusion this may have caused.It was an unusual event so we thought it people would find it interesting and we have polled our six readers and at least two of them agree!

Anonymous said...

aah. i see wise one. well alas. the truth is out there. but u make it seem like it happened on thus the day u blogged it. and we musnt confuse your readers. now.now..

Anonymous said...

haha. you guys are so funny. merry christmas.