Monday, August 24, 2009

Animal Kingdom

We had to buy band aids for our blisters, I guess no matter what shoes you wear, when you walk for 7 days, your feet suffer!

Maddie's poor feet....

we were casually crossing a bridge in animal kingdom, and I looked back, and all Dean and Maddie heard was me take in breath, and stutter... BALOO!!!!!!
I couldn't have controlled that excitement if my life depended it, and then the stupidest thing happened... tears rolled down my face.. ughhh, don't ask me why... I know he's not real, but somehow, that didn't matter!! So Baloo took pity on me, gave me an extra big hug, and let us take pictures.

we went on the Kilimanjaro safari ride to see the animals before they went to sleep, The elephants would be hard to hide any time of day tho!


we went on this coaster too, Dean had me believing he didn't do coasters! but he jumped right on.

this was in "Birds of flight" the birds were amazing, they would fly right over our heads, and the host said, don't bother ducking, they just fly lower! Here, someone in the audience took out a dollar and put it in his hand, the bird flew over grabbed it and brought it to the host, then on her cue, the bird brought it back to the guy! This was a really cool show.

I posted this picture to show how the camera fogs up after being inside for awhile. We went to Rain Forest cafe' for lunch, and as soon as we walked out, whoosh, camera fogs up!!

we got to see the Jammin Jungle parade, it was great, all the characters were in safari clothes, and the music and floats were jungleish too.

leaving Animal Kingdom to get to Hollywood to see Phantasmic.

this show was a little of everything, it's Mickey's dream/nightmare and it's hard to describe but this image is projected onto mist that's shot into the air.

since the stage is on water, boatloads of characters go by, ( only the good guys...)
Sorcerer Mickey is in the center there, conjuring up spells to beat the bad guys... it's quite the show, and as usual, nothing in Disney is small scale!

No comments: