Saturday, August 15, 2009

So I slapped the guy from Plain White T's...

We were sitting at Pearson airport, after our gracious hosts drove us halfway to our destination, Thankyou again Aunty and Uncle, and Cousin Gord even came for the ride at 5AM this morning!! anyway, long story short, we were sitting at the airport, and there were 5 guys sitting behind us, Maddie whispers to me, I think that's the Plain White T's!! For those not sure what that means, it is a band that sings Hey there Delilah. A song that I love, but Maddie knows more songs than I do. Anyway, it's getting close to boarding time, and we didn't know what to do, so... thinking of how mad we would be if we got on the plane and never found out, and thinking of my brave Aunty tapping Elvis on the shoulder, ( that story another time ) I leaned back and tapped one of them on the shoulder. I asked if they were in a band, and he said "sometimes" being all non chalant... so I asked which band? and he says "the plain White T's" so in my excitement, of finding out Maddie was right, I slapped him on the shoulder and Said "It is you!!!" to which the other band member says " did you just slap him"?? I said with a stunned look on my face... yes I did... I'm so sorry... can we take your picture?? Then they said sure, so Maddie walked in and they made room for her, and politely sat for a picture!! No more slapping was involved! It was very exciting, then we promptly boarded our plane and looked back at the awesome picture with a huge smile on our face. So my claim to fame, is slapping the poor unsuspecting "Mike" from Plain White T's.




4 comments:

Liz said...

That is a cool story LOL. I like the Plain white T's!
I think my favorite part wasn't the "I slapped him", it was the are"" you in a band part LOL
Glad you made it home okay!

Dean and Selena said...

LOL Maddie wasn't 100 % sure, she knew she had their song on her ipod she could picture them, but we didn't want to ask if they were another band!! That would\ve been worse than slapping them!! lol, and we're not home yet, that was on the way to Florida :-)

Liz said...

My bad LOL.....looks like you are having a fav time in Florida

Anonymous said...

OMG I love that song too. The only one I got to see was "Rod the bod Stewart". Hey, it was for free. couldn't pass it up.

Love ya. must read on