Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Amazing Papa...

Well the toaster broke down. I really liked this toaster because it does bagels too and I didn't want to break in a new toaster. I figured it was something simple and the problem seemed to point to a fuse somewhere as it suddenly broke down after Maddie and her friends toasted 723 waffles in it. I couldn't throw it out when it has served the family with such distinction! I flipped it over and was going to take it apart and found out the toaster company really doesn't want you to mess with their products. They put screws in there that required a special toaster repairman tool. Frustrating! Well, we were going to the Hat this past weekend and I decided to take it down to see if my dad could do something with it.
First, he tackled the tool problem. I figured deep somewhere in his toolbox he could have such a tool called ToasterDriver or something. But no, if you don't have a tool, well, you just make one! Haha. It never occurred to me to make the tool. Here he is hack sawing a screwdriver to make the toaster tool.
Haha! The toaster was open and we found the problem was indeed a thermal fuse.
Off to The Source to grab a replacement fuse and then a make a few adjustments.

Place the new thermal fuse where the old one once was.
Put it all back together and test with the multimeter.
Use the newly formed ToasterDriver and put it all back together.
We now have our toaster back. Thanks Papa!

No comments: