Friday, September 10, 2010

Claudia and Steven Tyler Rock

Dean and I are sittin' watching a movie, when Claudia calls. She asks what I'm doing tomorrow night ( Friday ) and I say "nothin'".... she says she has 2 tickets to Aerosmith FREE!!!! Now, if ever stranded on an island I would be taking an Aerosmith disc with me!! I love these guys... so of course I JUMPED at the tickets...... then as the night turned... Dean was unable to go... so I quickly called Dale and surprised her with a ticket. First I teased the heck out of her by giving her no info, just to be free from 6ish to midnight! We headed down to the concert, and my wonderful friend ( via her friend Anita ) handed us 2 tickets!!! YAY, now that they were in my hand I was jumping with excitement!! We found our seats which were great, and patiently waited for Steven Tyler to appear. First was Joan Jett, I figured I would sit and wait for the one song I knew, and that would be it... no such thing happened.... Joan Jett Rocked the stage!!! She was amazing... she sounded crystal clear, and I felt like I was in a time warp, she sounded JUST like she did way back when! It was a perfect rockin start to the night! And.... I knew way more than 1 song! I just forgot she did so many!

Joan Jett
Bad Reputation
Cherry Bomb
Light of Day
Do You Wanna Touch Me (Gary Glitter cover)
A.C.D.C. (Sweet cover)
You Drive Me Wild
???
Love Is Pain
Fake Friends
School Days
I Love Rock 'n' Roll
Crimson and Clover
I Hate Myself for Loving You

After the break, we found our seats again and waited on pins on needles... the lights go out, and we hear It's gettin hot in here by Nellie.... from where we were sittin we could see behind the massive curtain that said AEROSMITH and out saunters Steven Tyler, wearing a long white coat and sparkling in the night... he dances behind the curtain, waiting for the cue for the curtain to drop, but we could see him :-) then, you start to hear the intro to "Same old song and dance" over the Nellie, and when the song takes over, the curtain drops and the crowd goes WILD! Perfect song to start with, because despite their age... Tyler 62 and Perry 60.... they sound the same, Tyler's great bluesy rockin voice with the longest held notes ever! and Perry the master riffer on the geetar!

It didn't stop until it stopped.... it was "Amazing" to say the least! We danced, sang, swayed, and held our cell phones up to the air! There wasn't as much running around on stage as the old days.... but hey.... when you can sing like that... and sway that scarf covered mike, including throwing it up in the air and catching it, you really don't need to run around :-)

This was the 40th anniversary of Aerosmith! Pretty impressive! Joe Perry came out and said to the crowd, he sees these kids who come up to him and say, hey you're that guy on the video game, I beat you all the time... and he laughed and said this just won't do, so he battled himself on stage with Guitar Hero, he of course won! It was also Joe Perry's birthday, so we all sang happy birthday to him and Joan Jett brought out a massive cake.

The drum solo was pretty cool too, I don't know the drummer's name? anyway, he beats the hell out of the drums, then stands up and waits for the cheers from the crowd as they go insane, then back to drums, crowd, drums... he did that for awhile, then he threw his sticks away.... sat back down and drummed with his hands.... still awesome!! he even threw in a few head - drum butts!

It was sad when it was over.... such a great concert!!! and so may songs we didn't get to hear... but lol when they have 20o songs.... it must be hard to pick what to play!!!

There is a video at the bottom of this blog, but it's massive and may not load for everyone... so here are a few blurry pics :-)

just before the lights went out, the stage is set...

Dale, me, Claudia and Anita

Aerosmith
Same Old Song and Dance
Train Kept A-Rollin' (Tiny Bradshaw cover)
No More No More
Love in an Elevator
Jaded
Livin' on the Edge
What It Takes
Pink
Last Child
Cryin'
Drum Solo
Rag Doll
Joe Perry Guitar Battle
CombinationJoe Perry on vocals
I Don't Want To Miss a Thing
Come Together (The Beatles cover)
Sweet Emotion
Draw the Line
Encore:
Dream On
Walk This Way



I apologize for the swaying camera.... but how can you NOT move at an Aerosmith concert!!!

No comments: