Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last stop Medicine Hat

So, we went from the "Jaw" to the "Hat" last stop, weekend with the Napa's. Now some of you may have caught that Dean and I drove separate cars to the Hat when we left Calgary, and some of you may have even wondered why.... now I shall tell you the answer.... moi haha Friends of ours ( Jenn, Kerry and John ) took their fence down before we left on our trip, and I jumped at the chance to have the old fence boards.... so we loaded up one of the KIA's and brought the wood to Medicine Hat, so Papa could use them...... this of course left no room for anything else so that's where the two cars came in.....

this is the Glorious wood that Papa turned into........

3 nesting wonderful coffins!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, if you know my obsession with Halloween.... THIS was the best gift ever!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha awesome - awesome job Papa!!!! I love them!!!!!!!

on Maddie's summer list she had see an movie in an old theater, and this theater in Medicine Hat is 99 years old!! It doesn't get much older! The pictures are a bit blurry, but it was almost pitch black in here, and I tried not to use flash, so bear with the pix

it was just the 3 of us in this theater that seats 410!! until just before the movie started and 2 more people came in. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie we saw, it was called Solitary Man and it was kinda depressing, you know depressing like the Nicolas Cage movie in Vegas??? anyway, the popcorn was SO yummy, and the theater was gorgeous, so I'll leave the movie memory out of it, and I had a great time!

the doorway to the Monarch

since we had separate cars, and Maddie has many things to do before school on Thursday, we left early in the morn, and everyone else went for brunch.... It would have been nice to go for brunch, but really, after all we ate in Winnipeg, if I didn't eat for 4 days! I wouldn't even notice!!!!

saying goodbye to the Napa's and heading home.... jiggedy jig

No comments: