Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Olympic Moments At Work.

There are some interesting moments that sometimes happen at work.

A few weeks ago I had an Olympic moment.

I was called to a dental office one day for a minor problem. I usually don't really pay attention to what is going on around me. Dental offices are so busy and I need to get to the next job so I want to get in and out as quick as possible before the next call comes in.

However, I overheard someone say to a patient "I meant to phone you. Did you bring your medal?" My brain registered that this was a strange question and perhaps I should pay attention. It just so happened that Silver Medalist Cheryl Bernard happened to be in the office that day. And she brought her medal! Wow. She was really nice and set her medal down on the desk for us to examine. Wow - the medal is impressive! It is super heavy and well, just really cool to see one live. Here's a pic:
Cheryl was a great sport and even posed with it for us to take a picture when we asked he to put it on.

And that was my unexpected Olympic moment at work.

No comments: