Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Magical Kingdom

Ok the internet connection here is something else... and fast isn't one of the things I would say, regardless.... I seem to have a good one now... so I will go while I can. We arrived in Orlando very late/early as I said earlier, and then up early the next morn to head to Magic Kingdom. Ok so I cried.... but this time I had a partner... apperently I passed the crying gene onto Maddie.... so both of us, on sight of the castle were "happy" to see it. As soon as we walked into the park, Marie was there, we had never met her before, so we had to get in line. We figured we would only see "new" characters.... to us anyway, and the must sees, like Alice for Maddie and Baloo for me :-) 

 us and Marie the cute little aristocat

 kewl Halloween Decorations on the lamp posts, and the castle in the background


check one off the list, Alice and a bonus, the white rabbit. They were so curious about Maddie's hair, the white rabbit had a handful of it in is paw, looking over all the charms in her hair.
 we took the steamboat around the bay, and as we passed the haunted house, a big puff of steam passed in front me, gave it an ominous look. Sadly in Florida, they do not change the haunted house over to the nightmare before Christmas, that is only in California... I didn't know that :-(
 but they do have a very kewl haunted graveyard you can walk thru while you wait in line. The amount of fantastic things along your walk thru the lines is amazing.... I can't believe how interesting they make it. In the graveyard there was this large tomb, and all kinds of instruments covering the walls of it, when you ran your hand over them.... they made there own sound! Very kewl!
 last time we were here we were denied Splash Mountain, it was broken and closed for the day, so we never got on it. We headed over to make sure we got on this time... and we did. i love this ride, but as Dean pointed out, I say that about them all! lol Anyway, this pic was taken just before the big drop into the thorns below.....

Yay Pirates of the Caribbean! I love this ride...hahaha but really I do! At the end of the night when we were killing time before Wishes.... we went on it 3 times in a row!
 then we found our spot to enjoy the magic of Wishes.... a fantastic fireworks show.... and as soon as the song Wishes started.... me and Maddie's face got wet.... must be from the rain, right?
 I got fed up trying to take pics with no flash inside the ride, and just used the flash on one :-)
 a round of Mickey shaped pretzels :-)
the end of day 1, Beautiful, fun, awesome, I do love Disney!

No comments: