Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fluevog's

Have you ever made a purchase because something was kewl, not because of brand, but because it yelled out to you from across the room! Well, here is my shoe story. Awhile back me and Maddie took Nana to Cat's Eye, I was looking at cute shoes, which were all very tiny, and I looked down at my feet, and kinda scrunched up my nose, then from across the room, on a bookshelf, I see these shoes that are screaming at me! "TRY US ON!" so I ran over and cannot believe they are my size, I slip my foot into them and VOILA! They were made for me, perfect!! I was so happy! Nana insisted on buying them for me, and bonus it was coupon day :-)

I merrily went on my way, proud to show off my kewl new shoes... then we were at the airport, and the airport people weren't very happy with my shoes. I had to take them off, which is common, but then they were all commenting on how heavy they were, and bringing in other people to feel how heavy. So I get my shoes back, and me and Maddie sat to wait for the plane. It's not often you study the bottom of a shoe, but we had nothing else to do... so Maddie starts to laugh and said, "Mom, your shoes ward off Satan" I said "what" so I read the bottom of the shoe... resists alkaline water acid fatigue satan and under that walk in peace

Ok our curiosity was peaked, but we were far away from our friend Google... so we had to wait. Then we landed, and forgot and were out and about. Me and my Aunty Michelle, were in Walmart, talking shoes, and we got on the topic of my "resists Satan" shoes, I said I can't remember the name tho, and I flipped my shoe up for Michelle to see, and she shrieked in Walmart "FLUEVOGS!!!" now I'm thinkin... ok I need to find the story about these shoes?

So off to Google I run, and it turns out there is a very kewl story to these shoes. When I got to the website, the heading was "Unique soles, for the unique soul" and I was instantly a fan! Turns out these 2 guys worked in Vancouver in a shoe store, bored selling boring shoes, when a warehouse goes up for sale..... full of, get this.... 50 year old shoes..... so that explains the style! They ran their store out of Vancouver for awhile, then Fluevog left for New York, the rest as they say is history, these shoes keep popping up in magazines, and when mine were new... they were about 300.00! Ha lol, THAT is funny, I may get mugged for my shoes now??

I love them, and they yelled at ME, so my claim to fame now, is I have a pair of Fluevogs :-) Happy souls :-)


No comments: