Friday, May 14, 2010

Trapped in Airport Parking


So me and Maddie are in Winnipeg, and we go to pick up my brother Mark, Anitra and Zoe at the airport. We get to the car, and put the parking ticket into the wonderful machine that will lift the bar so we can leave...... I said lift the bar..... ahem.... The machine spits my ticket back at me "this ticket has already been used to exit parking lot" ??? what, hello I'm still here?? We try the next machine ... same thing... ok I press the help button. I explain that I cannot exit, the machine is telling me I already left the parking lot.. So the guy asks when I arrived, I tell him an hour ago, he asks for the number on my ticket which I read to him. He says when did you arrive? I repeat, an hour ago. After some time he comes back on and says he will post a price and then I can pay by Visa. So.... we finally are free and are on our merry way. Fast forward to midnight, now I am back at the airport to pick up Dean, I reach down to grab my Visa which I realize I had left in the console. But when I pick it up I see 2 airport parking lot tickets... suddenly a light bulb turns on above my head..... I WAS trying to use the parking ticket from when I was picked up at the airport.... so it was 2 days old!!!! No wonder it didn't work, and no wonder the airport parking dude took so long, he probably had to compose himself from my silliness!!! Since it was an electronic device.... I just assumed it was me, which it was, just not how I thot!!

No comments: