Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On Lombard Street.

The most crooked street in the world. It is like standing in someone's driveway. An endless stream of cars coming through here as people just drive it to say that they did. We walk down an extremely steep sidewalk and inches away people live here. There are driveways and we are trying to imagine what it would be like to live on this famous street. People would be looking in your windows 24/7 - I guess you would get used to it...and as Selena points out - no one would speed on your street... You can't drive at more than 5 km an hour.. Speaking of 5 km/hr..
Selena has to keep reminding me she has little legs and I have to slow down for her... Hahaha. Pics to come... Well, we have been standing here in the same spot for a few minutes and no one has invited us in for coffee so we better go before the City moves us....
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

2 comments:

Dale Rideout@Partners in Fitness said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun. Selena, stop peaking in people's windows :) The blog is great, I feel like I am on the trip with you - look behind you and maybe you will see me.

Screaming Banshee

Dean and Selena said...

Oh hello Dale :-) lookin in people's windows reminds me of our old walks lol!
We are having fun :-) how could we not, beautiful city, great weather and I Love the company hehehe.