Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yes Chef! I lost a bet!



Yesterday, we were at the Wedding Pavillion at an event they put on to showcase their services and my favourite part, a sample food tasting. Well, let's talk about the food. Awesome! They had a sous chef there carving a beautifully cooked roast beef and a sampling of about a dozen appetizers. Only one of the appetizers they featured were on our menu, the stuffed tomato, but they were great and Maddie loved them. The food was exquisite and we look even more forward to enjoying some great food on the 15th!

Before the food tasting, they have an intro and introduce the staff at the Pavillion and one these staff members was, of course, their Executive Chef. I decided to have a little fun and whispered a challenge to my wife to be. I bet her she couldn't yell "Yes, Chef!" if the opportunity presented itself in the evening. I could tell she was intrigued and with that classic twinkle in her eye she said, "I'll take that bet."

So, after the presentation, everyone ran to the food table. You could tell the food was a big hit because as soon as the they put it out, it was gone. This is where I lost the bet. Selena happened to be in the way of the Head Chef as he replenished a food tray. He asked Selena to step aside for a moment and Selena seized the opportunity and with perfect pitch answered, "Yes, Chef!" Well, he loved it. He laughed and observed correctly that she must be a fan of Gordon Ramsay. Yes Chef! I lost a bet!

2 comments:

Russ said...

Selena is cool. I think I would have looked directly to the floor, and moved away. I think in that little clip, they are cooking cat.

Dean and Selena said...

Yes Russss!