Sunday, March 9, 2008

The quest for pretty toenails....

A leisurely day at the spa. Maddie and I went to the spa to have pedicures AKA; pretty toes, and a facial. We had a lovely morning, afterwards I had planned on a steam, and a nice hot shower and casually get ready to go home. Dean was at a haircut appt. so there was no real hurry.... so I thot! My facial took longer than Maddie's so by the time I got to the change room, she was dressed?? I said " No steam?" she scrunched up her nose at me.. ok I thought, no steam. Then she said she was hungry. She also said my phone was ringing, so I sit in the lounge listening to a few messages, call people back, and then I get to Brenda's message. Her sister who I haven't seen for ages was over and wanted to see me before she left, so if I could "pop" in on my way home that would be great. I asked how the dress fitting went, and she paused and said "uhmm I'll tell ya when you get here??" Ughhh I thot, not more dress drama!! So I get ready and we leave heading towards Brenda's house, I'm trying to think what could have happened at the dress fitting?? We arrive, Brenda is in the garage, and leads us into the house thru the "servants entrance" she says.... and then..... SURPRISE, there is a room full of girls.... waiting patiently for me.... :-) After the shock all I could say sheepishly was "sorry, and thankyou :-)"

My poor bridesmaids had a hard time getting me on a day I hadn't booked anything, I kept foiling their plans!! But they pulled it off beautifully! We got great gifts, including supper which we just had to assemble, and dessert! It was awesome to see everyone, and after my face went back to normal color I enjoyed the food, chocolate fountain and wine! Also there was good news, there was nothing wrong with the dress!










No comments: